Friday, August 4, 2017

Why didn't they teach this in school?


Being grown up has it's perks but it has its bad qualities too. When you grow up your friends change many times times. Your circle of friends will get smaller and almost non-existent. 

I don't know about you but I wasn't taught that growing up. I was always raised to be nice and make friends. In elementary and middle school days that's all you worried about was making friends and having best friends.  In high school it's a popularity contest and lawd have mercy on me but I was a total bitch in high school.

 If you knew me and I hurt you I'm sorry. I'm totally not like that now. Anyway, as we get older and get married, have kids, and work real jobs how do we manage to keep friends along the way? We aren't really taught that. It's more of a life lesson to figure out on our own. On all actuality you have acquaintances- these are the folks you know, maybe from high school or maybe through another friend or something but you just aren't that close. Maybe you're friends on fakebook and you'll say hey in Wally World in passing. Then you've got your friends- the ones you make time for. You go to dinner with them, you hang out with occasionally, or even go to the movies with. 

Then there's frenemies. Yep, I said it. They're real. Don't even try to lie. You've got em. You just don't want to admit it. They may have been your friend once upon a time and now that bridge has been burned. You ain't building it back. Nope. No way, no how! They're evil! Fake as shit too! I'd rather have not one friend than to encounter in public a frenemy. Today, I encountered (in less than an hour mind you) 3 frenemies. 3! Three. THREE!! Y'all! I can't handle that much all at once! My anxiety deep down inside was drown and screaming for help! 

I suffered through it though. It was like ripping off a band-aid. It hurt like hell to be hugged by an imitation of what used to be my amigo. I grinned, I bared it, and yes it sucked. I'm an adult and that's how it goes. Why can't they teach this shit in school so when we grow up we expect these things to happen and know how to deal with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment